Creative Ways to Using Electronic Whiteboards: Helpful Tips for Teachers
If you are having trouble thinking of creative ideas on how to use electronic whiteboards in class, there are many helpful resources available. Below is a compilation of good tips on using such teaching tool more effectively.
- Spelling Competitions Host your own spelling bees. It's a good way to play a game while learning to spell. Use the built-in spell checking feature on an interactive white board to calculate and display the scores of students and show the right spelling of words.
- Collaborative Projects An electronic whiteboard could be used to create interactions among the students and also between you as the teacher and your students. This high-end teaching toll helps draw your students in and allow them to participate in the projects that are displayed for them.
- Google Earth Accessing the Google Search program using an electronic white board Canberra unlocks the whole world for the entire class to view. Google Earth benefits geography classes the most, but the options are not limited to viewing locations. You can present images of nations or cultures that you're dicussing in your class. You can even use images of streets to take your class to a virtual, detailed tour of various places around the globe. You can also use Google Earth for biology classes by zoomng in and viewing native habitats of different animals or plants around the world.
- Virtual Touring Some monuments and museums around the globe offer the option to take an online virtual tour. By connecting a compter to the internet, you can display the tour on the interactive whiteboard for the entire class to see and enjoy.
- Simple Friendly Competitions Incorporating a competitive element into certain part of the class could be a good way to keep the students more involved in the lesson. You could use games that develop critical thinking, quick thinking, and problem solving in the students. It's also a good idea to divide the class into two or more teams and give simple prizes or rewards to the winning team.
- Digital Editing A very simple but useful skill you can teach the class is how to use a basic editing software to make simple modifications to videos, photos, and audio clips. This kind of activity can be so much fun. There are many free online softwares that work perfectly with electronic whiteboards.